Software is installed onto your workstation which performs maintenance and system monitoring tasks automatically in the background without putting unwanted load on the workstation.
This covers 3 aspects
1. Maintenance and monitoring software
The software then uploads reports to a “cloud based server”. This is secure, and the workstation is not accessible from the cloud based computers. We are notified by the cloud based system of statuses of the workstation, via email, or SMS or directly when we log onto the console located in the cloud.
2. Managed anti-virus solution
This software auto updates, scans and puts suspect files into quarantine, which we can manage from the cloud based console. This feature has the following benefits and features
Allows us to manage infections via a web based cloud console.
• Infections are quarantined automatically.
• The software detects malware and viruses that other software cannot detect.
• We can assess if the infections are a genuine threat or a false positive.
• The software keeps track of the infections and we can report accordingly if requested.
• We can notify clients of large scale infections.
• The service is based on a monthly service which ends if you terminate our services.
• You do not need to pay big once off annual renewal fees only the premium for each individual workstation.
3. Licensed Remote Access Software (Team viewer with no time limit)
The suppliers of the software are the owners of Team Viewer and the legitimate version of this software is installed onto the workstation as part of the maintenance solution. The benefit is that time outs no longer occur and the software does not expire after x amount of times used.
•60 minute notifications of workstation Status to our technicians via e-mail on their cell-phones.
• Advanced Notification of certain hardware failures.
• Notification of Automated backup Status where relevant.
• Notification re Anti-Virus status (Mainly for VIPRE anti-virus).
• Cost savings on Callouts and Onsite support.
• Most of the support required by clients is for quick easy to fix problems.
• Often costs are incurred when technicians have to go onsite to resolve these 5 minute issues.
• With the maintenance software in place, we have the ability to remotely assist with these problems.
• The normal charge of R100.00 travel time and an onsite callout support fee of R 400.00, will be replaced with a minimum of R 300.00 per callout. (Clients will be billed per half hour and not per hour).
• You will receive a weekly report on the status of the Workstation Maintenance activities for your site.
• Please take into consideration that there will be spurious error reports for the 1st week or two while we are fine tuning the reporting system.